Wednesday, August 28, 2013



Hello everyone,

This is Carly's mom.  Here is her first email home. :-)


So the flight was longgggggggg and miserable but I lived and basically made a new best friend. We are pretty much soul mates her name is Hermana Macre. She is exactly like Emma. I am not staying in the <Santiago MTC instead I am staying in a GIANT house nearby with 37 missionaires. It is called Al Cantera! It is beautiful and has been around for 100 years. It used to be the Swiss Emassy for 50 years and now it is the Mission home. Pretty sweet. Every one is nice and the food is good. We had lisagna a pasta. Yum! I am a little dizzy from flying so much. But I am unpacked and got to take a nap so life is good! haha Sorry I couldn´t call you. The telephones were soooo dumb and did not work. Also there was NO time when I landed in Chile. I am loving being a missionary and it still doesn´t feel real. I just learned that my email day will be on either Thursday or Monday for an hour. So stay tuned. Thanks for the letter mama upton & the kozaks. Love you guys and read all those advice cards on the plane. Made me cry. There are so many elders here. Like 1000000 jk like 11 but still I feel like there needs to be more chicas. GET ON IT GIRLS. Being a missionary is so much fun because I still get to be myself. It is the best and I am always laughing. I am staying in a room with 6 girls....should be intersting. There is a volley ball court here and a basketball court, and a pool! but no swimming for us. ohhhh well #missionaryprobs




I LOVE YOU ALL AND WILL WRITE AS SOON AS I CAN. 
I will reply to all of your emails when I get an hour to write. Today I only have 10 minutes.

Line of the Week
¨I just got flash mobbed by Jesus.¨



yahhhh... don´t ask. I still am horrible at spanish ahah we will see if it improves.
ALL MY LOVE & KISSES


xoxo
Hermana Upton
P.s. Some pictures coming your way when I have time to email!

No comments:

Post a Comment