Monday, September 2, 2013


Week one: A La CCM: September 2, 2013

I have almost been here a week. So the time zone in the CCM (MTC) is really messed up. I feel like each day is a week. But at the same time this week went by fast. THE DAYS ARE SLOW, THE WEEK IS FAST. I am loving everyhting about Chile. I have to make some corrections:
I live in Alcantara. That is the house. Every one there is like a giant family. 
The food is interesting haha. I really miss spices. Everything here is really bland and salty. I drink SO MUCH water. And I eat all the fruit because I hate the desert here. So its acutally a blessing in diguise haha. I only have a half hour left to email so I will try and make this quick.
Learning a new language in a short ammount of time is indeed the hardest thing I have ever done. But I already have learned so much. I can have a pretty sucessful conversation. I know how to bare my testimony in spanish and I know how to pray in spanish. Prayers and testimonys in spanish are SO MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL. It really is the language of love. jk no one has time for romance here. Its stricting eternal salvation.
Lets talk about Ceciela she does our laundry and is like the mom in the house you are afraid to mess with. She speaks no english. Speaking of speaking english...I can´t anymore haha. Learning spanish is messing up my english. So I can´t speak spansih and i can´t speak english.
THE STRUGGLE IS REAL.
My CCM President and his wife (Elder and sister Allread) as awesome. My Alcantara parents (Elder & Sister Gilbert) are awesome.
TAYLOR! I mean...Elder Kozak, Clara Johnson is here!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is the best.
Thank you for all of your letters. They are awesome and just make me smile and cry. I really love it here. It is winter and kinda cloudy. But I am constanly inside so don´t worry I am not getting sick.
Oh and girls coming to the CCM stay away fromt he bean soup spagetti. You can thank me later.
My District is THE BEST
Elder Cummings: District Leader and just a boss and his name is Hunter! And freaks out when people say Hunner. Reminded me of my BIL <3 shoutout to Hunter Kozak. Miss you best friend.
Elder White: Sweetest guy ever, he reminds me of a teddy bear
Elder Horne: uhmmm haha. kinda off but he really loves people and never judges anyone like ever
Elder Sousa: He is fron Brazil. I never understand him but he is awesome
Elder Amorim: Also from Brazil and can never understand him
Elder Peel: Has a twin named PORTER! I know.
Elder Cowan: he is from Mesa and is just a great guys
Mi Compañeras:
Hermana (sister) Macrae: basically Emma Heywoods twin. She is from Canada and talks weird so we always make fun of her.
Hermana Gibby: She is so awesome and knew Jacque Bench my roommate at BYU. We make fun of her last name
We are just all immature here. Sorry not sorry.
I went to the temple on Saturday (don´t worry I got English headphones) it was amazing. What I love about the church is that it is the same all over the world. like this has to be the true church. no other church is like this.
A quote I wanted to share: Miracles happen when you do waht most missionaries wouldnt.
We have three investigators: Caroline, Ismael, and Alejandro.
We taught Caroline is Spanish.....so rough. I understood everything she said. But did not know how to reply!!!!!!!!!! It was so dissapointing, but I am over it. You just have to move on. We stopped by Ismael´s house (oh btw guys our investigators are fake ahah they are our teachers, but the symblize real people they know and it is really helpful to be able to practice and treat them like real people).
Ismael went good! He has never had sister missionaries before

HOLLLLA AT YO GIRLS. Don´t worry Ismael we got your spiritual back.


Anyway, I am just about out of time. I love you all and want to share my Districts motto with you. We all love eachother and the Savior and are one grande familia
Nosotros vivimos nuestros vidas para Él porque Él dio su vida para nos.
We live our lives for Him because He gave His life for us.

I LOVE YOU ALL AND HOPE TO HERE FROM YOU ALL NEXT WEEK.
Kisses!

Line of the week:

Some Hermana at the lunch table: I´m 10% redneck....
Yeah she is weird.
Oh and no pics this week lo siento (I am sorry). I forget my camera. ahahaha. Oops. Next week forsure. 

I love you all!

Espically Mom, Dad, Colby, Gma, Gpa, and the Kozaks.
Thanks for keeping my stuff up to date mama! I LOVE YOU. You are the best.

xoxo
Hermana Upton

No comments:

Post a Comment