Monday, September 16, 2013

Alright so this week flew by. Like I am not even sure where it went. Maybe to the other side of the country. Idk. Last Tuesday was Pday and we got to walk around the city. We found a grocery store named Liders. BEST PLACE EVER. It has so many American products. I am in love and buy secret stashes of chocolate. Shh dont tell. Today we are going there again and I am sending out some post cards. And I am buying more so people look forward to get some in  a few weeks.
Highlights of this week:
one of our investigators Carolina is getting baptized. HOLA at your girsl! We are shooting for the 15th of Octubre. A little info of all my investigators.
Carolina- was a Catholic. Likes her coffee. But she read the BOM and knows its true. So she is getting baptized. SHE IS GOLDEN.
Alejandro- 27 and a pain in my butt. He just does not care about us or our messaged. He is just taking the discussions for his mom and his gf. IM LIKE HELLO THIS IS YOUR ETERNAL SALVATION. Dont worry we are going to get him.
Roberto: inactive member. has stage 4 cancer and we are trying to get him to come back to church and remember that there is a life after this one.
Rafael- loves gringas....awk. He asked me if I had a bf. MOST DEF. STAY AWAY. He wants to be a rockstar and doesnt believe in God. Dont worry you will when we are done with you.
Remember how I fell on my face? Prime I know. Well I still have the bruises and scrapes. Yuck!
My District. D2. is the bees knees seriously we are going to be amigos por siempre! We are famous for our slang/catch phrases.
De nads- No prob
Me mal- My bad
Mismos- Samies
Toats- Totes
Paz fuera- Peace out
Historia verdad- True story
We famous. No big.
Also our Brazilians have some pretty funny one liners in English. I will share a few they say all the time. They probably wont make sense but I dont care.
Keep Calm!
Why would you take it!
I don´t speak english.
Mi districto es mi familia. Le amo.
I taught in Relief Society yesterday about Baptism and I got to share a little of my story. But something I focused on was the ability we have when we are baptixed to be Born Again. We dont always have to feel sad. We can start over by being born again into Christs restored chuch. Its amazing how bran new I felt when I joined this church. There is a life after this one. I know it with all my soul. Thank you for all of your prayers. They keep me strong every day. You are constantly in my prayers and I think about each of you all the time.
Spanish gets easier every day. I just use Elder Cowan as my walking dictionary. He speaks so much Spanish. Jelly belly. JK

OH THATS ALSO ONE OF MY SLANG WORDS.
instead of jk I say
 jota ke (hotu kay)
Soooo funny......
If I have learned anything from being here it is that The Lord will carry you in your afflictions. I know this is hard. I miss each of you so much, every day. But this will pass and Christ will never leave us alone. This is so worth it and I love it here.
I will go and do the things the Lord commands. And now I know it is His will that I am here in Chile. BRING ON THE CHILEANS.
Oh btw their spanish is so hard to understand I just shout at them LISTO LISTO! (Slow, slow!)

I love being here its amazing. I miss alot of this but I would not want to be anywhere else. I am here to helpe people come unto Christ and feel the sweet peace of being born again. I LOVE YOU ALL SOO SOO MUCH!
Two lines of the week this week:
1. ´´Elder Peel will you please bless the food´´
Elder Peel- ´´How do you bless it again´´
´´Bendice la comida´´
Elder Peel- ´´THATS WHAT WE´VE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME.´´
#smh
2. This one takes some explaining so all the new elder came to AlCantara and a lot of them are latinos. So Elder Cowan in my disrtrict was trying to ask one of them to pass something down. Assuming he only spoke spanish he started speaking realllllly slowly and making giant hand gestures: ´´CAN....YOUUU...PLEASEEE...PASSS...THATTT... OVER HERRRREE´´
The Elder: ´´The yogurt?´´
Yup. He was from Cali and spoke perfect english. I WAS DYING! ahahha failure.

I love youu all. I smile and laugh every day.
So you keep smiling too.

Love you forever,
xoxo
Hermana Upton

No comments:

Post a Comment