Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Well I took lots of notes on what I wanted to say to you and then I left them in class. Hahah oops. Two important things:
1. I have no idea when I will be having P-day and email time. It changes every week
2. I have no idea what my address is so no one send me any mail until I leave the MTC. I have no idea whats going on here.... haha

This week was so bitter sweet. I have gotten to walk around the streets of Chile and it is beautiful. Its basically like LA, SLC, and NYC all in one. Just with a lot of Chileans instead of white people. But whatevs.
Everything is pretty cheap here and they have a lot of American stuff.
Food in the MTC. I want to die. I miss salad so much. They just feed you a bunch of carbs and there is BREAD AT EVERY MEAL. Even breakfast. My Spanish is so much better. I can actually understand conversations. And I can create complete sentences and alomst teach a lesson without having to look down at my notes.
One of our ´investigators´ is getting baptized. The other ones hates us. JK but they are guys and just feel weird around us...probably cus we wont date them? Im not sure haha.
My companionship is the best in the world. I love them so much. Although it is a little weird having to be with someone ALL THE TIME. I miss me time.
There are tender mercies every day, like going to sleep a littlbe earlier, meeting a cute little girls, getting brownies. The Lord loves his missionaries and my goodness does he spoil us so much.
I have never been so tired in my life. It is so stressful learning another language becuase I understand them but dont know how to reply. Im just like ohhh.....sí? hahaha
Oh well life goes on. Don´t worry about me getting fat. I run every morning and im actually losing weight.
Today was so sad because our roommates left for their missions. I was bawlingggggg. But we are getting a new group of missionaries tomorrow so we are going to be the new big sisters. There are only 10 of us right now in a house built for 50. Its so empty haha.
Oh and there are stray dogs everywhere. Like when I say everywhere. I mean every where. EVERY WHERE. And there are no squirells. Its so weird.
My district has become my new family. Its going to be so hard to leave them. Like I have no idea what I will do. It won´t be as hard as leaving home, but its going to be hard. They make me laugh every day and help my testimony of God´s love flourish.
I am healthy and so happy here. I am so excited for this journey and believe it or not I am not scared at all. There is a special comfort here that I know I will be taken care of.
The Gilberts keep us safe and sound. They are awesome, like a Ma and Pa.



There are two Brazilians in my district so I learned how to sind happy birthday in porteugese. GET ON MY LEVEL.
Oh and I pray every day in Spanish now. I don´t even remember how to pray in english.... its weird.


Sundays are my favorite days because I will do is watch church movies and go to church. LIKE THE BEST. And this Sunday I learned a lot of the things. First, the number of baptisms we get is not as important as the number of conversions. Jesus didnt go around during his ministry looking for people to merely get baptized. He was looking for real converted souls. This isn´t a race for who can have the most baptisms. But rather who can help bring people unto Christ. SO next time some one comes home from their mission ask them their favorite memory not how many baptisms they got.
Second, the Lord wants us to come from our missions with at least one convert. And that convert is US. Every thing we want for our investigators the Lord wants of us. You want them to be obeidient. The Lord wants you to be obedient. You want them to come unto Christ. He wants you to come unto Christ. We are the first and most important convert in thsi work.
I have such a testimony of this gospel and I will bare it in Spanish:
Yo se que esta iglesia is verdadera. Yo se que Dios vive y Él ama todos Sus hijos. Yo se que Jesucristo es mi Salvador y el camino a vivida eterno. Yo se que El Libro de Mormón es la palabra de Dios. Me amo este Evangelio con todos mi corazon. En el nombre de Jesucristo. Amen.



Pretty cool huh? Just use google translate to figure out what it said. Thats what I did all of highschool. oops. I don't have google translate now.... I just have a reallly fat dictionary hahaha.


I love you and can´t believe how many of you email me. I signed on with 19 emails. Like holy cow! Sorry I can´t respond to all of you there just isn't enough time. But I love you all so much and can't believe I am really a missionary! AHHHHHH.
More to come next week <3

Line of the week:
Elder Sousa (from Brazil)
"Shutup please"
In Brazil they prounounce syrup as shutup. I just about died.
Oh and we are teaching the Brazilians English. They are going to be trilingual.
I cannot believe I am going to speak another language. Like I do speak two lanuages....WHAT. Never thought I would make it this far. This gospel has blessed me so much. Started from the bottom now I´m here.


Love you and can´t wait to here from you :)
Oh and mama I sent you a letter this morning should get there in a few weeks. I LOVE YOU!

xoxo
Hermana Carly Upton

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh love you Carl! You're so awesome! :)
    Syrup... so funny. hahaha
    Definitely love the part about the conversion. <3
    LOVE YOU CARL! You're soo great.

    ReplyDelete