Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Halelujiah. I thought I would never see the sight of my email this week. Pday on a Wednesday? What is this madness?
Bad news guys, I won´t be able to email next week. Because it is transfers and I go out into the field. So I will have to survive a week with out an email from me, make sure to send me an extra email so i feel loved.
More bad news. My district was distroyed. D2 lost 3 elders and D7 lost 5 elders and 1 sister (they got sent to the Latino district cus they rock at spanish)
So D2 and D7 were combine we are basically the regects who stink at spanish. Not reallly but really. The last day D2 was together, we all said our goodbyes. I was balling. My companionship was split up. Now I am just with Hermana Gibby. Teaching is way easier in a dou. I do not like trios.
SO I WENT CONTACTING. Like I went out to the streets of CHILE and talked to real people in Spanish and they understood me! I wish I had more time to tell you everything about it. But we met Carl (my twin) except he is a guy. And he is going to come to church. Bascially I just told him ¨If Jesus Christ was on the earth and told you to go to this church would you?¨ Well yeah... ¨Well I am His represntative and I promise if you go to church on Sunday you will feel in your heart its true.¨
So i just love the gospel and want to bring everybody closer to Christ. Everyone go to church! Just go! Its the best in the whole world. GO JESUS!
K. Oh and we gave this old guy Fernando a Book of Mormon and explained that its just like the bible and goes hand and hand with it. He was like so excited. It was so cute! I love Chileans.
I sang with my District on Sunday. We sang ¨Jospeh Smiths first prayer¨ to the tune of ¨Come thou fount¨ Yeah we made people cry. GET ON OUR LEVEL. We just love the Spirit. Then I bore my testimony in SPanish and cried in front of everyone. But I didnt care. Becuase I know with ALL of my hear that this church is true. It is. I know it.
More bad news: So Elder and Hermana Gilbert are the missionary couple who lives with us at ALCANTARA. They have become my family. Well we found out two days ago that Elder Gilbert has to be rushed into the hospital for emergency heart surgery. I started having a full out break down. But I knew that the Lord would protect him. He had his surgery and he is succesfully recovering.
President Allred gave us this advice: just be missionaries. just be who you are and he will be fine. It really hit me in that moment that I am a missionary of Jesus Christ. I love being a missionary!
So got new parents in ALCANTARA the Popes. They are awesome obvs.
Oh and Hermana GIbby fell on her face running yesterday. SO FUNNY.


Genereal Conference is in 3 days! What!
Some advice for yall, go into conference with a question or two or five. I promise you, you will recieve an answer to each of them. If you dont know what General COnference is, ask Taylor Kozak (taylorkozak(at)yahoo.com)
My Christ like attribute this week is diligence. And I love it! It has made me alot more excited to get out into the field and just help every one!
On Friday we get to go to our mission and tract with real missionaries (cus we arent real hahah) It is just so we get a tasted of what it is going to be like!
Okay that is all for this week. I wont be able to email next week so I will talk to you guys in 2 :) I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!
Line of the week:
Randon man in a truck: ¨Excuse me Hermanas I have a joke for you, what is the difference between a black cow and a white cow? a white cow goes: moooooooooooo. a black cow goes: moooooooo-yaaaaaaa.
I was crying. I dont think I have laughed that hard since I have been here.
Thank you random Chilean citizen.
Love you all sending lots of kisses!
Muah!!!!
xoxo
Hermana Upton

No comments:

Post a Comment