Monday, October 14, 2013

So. I am in Chile. I live in Chile. And walk the streets and talk to real people.
Not going to lie I want to like cry every day because I love the people here so much but I cant talk to them because lets be real. I dont speak Spanish.
so much happened this week but I guess I will just tell you about the main points.
I live in a shack. Jk I live in a house but its tiny. And adorable. And I love it. 
Every day we eat a tiny breakfast and a lunch made for football players. I am going to get fat. No doubt. Oh well. Life goes one.
I get to teach an English class every Wednesday WHATTTTT. Yeah it is so cool. Elder Cannon and I teach.
So I pretty much understand all Spanish. I just cannot speak to save my life. We spend most of our day visiting inactive members because there is just SO MANY. We talk to every single person we see on the street and there is isnt like a lot. We at most see like 80 people a day. 
My ward is huge and I love all the members here. They treat me like family and would do basically anything for me.
My companion is AWESOME. She is so sweet and has been out for 11 months. She is sort of kind of the bees knees. She is so cute and tone deaf. haha I love it. 
Its hard because I wish we could be doing more. Teaching more people but there is just not enough time in the day. There is so much to do and so little time. We do have a progressing investigator, Agostine. He is awesome and I think he is going to get baptized. Soon we are going to commit him to a date soon!


Despite how hard it is here, I love it. I have such a strong testimony that God has a plan for us. 
He loves us, he sent us to Earth to recieve a body, but He is is desperately waiting for us to return to Him. He gave us a path to return and that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So we wouldn´t be confused, He sent his Son Jesus Christ to live a perfect example for us to follow. Jesus Christ died for each of us so we can overcome our mistakes and have some one who understands perfectly. Christ established His Church and restored it again on the earth through Joesph Smith. Now we have a profet who helps guide us even more. 
God wants us to return to live with Him again. Every single one of us. Let us to complicate the simplicity that God loves us, He wants us to return to Him and has provided a way. If we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ we will return to Him again and live with Him forever in perfect happiness. 

This is the message I share every day. Families can be together forever, we can find peace and joy in this life, there is more when we leave this world. 

If you have doubts, its okay. But please:
´´Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith´´

If you lack a testimony, you can borrow mine. I now this is true and if you follow the Gospel you will have eternal happiness.

I love with Gospel and I love each one of you! 
Please write me at my new address!!!!!

Hermana Carly Upton
Chile Santiago West Mission
Correos Casilla 149,
Pajaritos 1921.
MauipĂș, Region Metropolitana (Santiago)
Chile


Shout out to the fam I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!
And shout out to my T :) I love you baby, forever and ever. 
See you all in 16 :)

Line of the week: This one is inspirational

´´Teach every person like they are 8 yearsold´´
-Sebastian in my ward
He speaks English.

Don´t complicate the gospel. Share it with everyone. You have no idea how blessed you to be able to share it in your native language. 


Till next week :)
xoxo
Hermana Upton

No comments:

Post a Comment